Please Read the following before downloading Axe-Edit Beta 1.9
Axe-Edit 1.9 is an interim stop-gap offering intended for use while a new version is in development. It was created by patching up the 1.x version for compatibility with Firmware 10 and our new paradigm.
Axe-Edit 1.9 is offered as an unsupported beta. It contains bugs, though we believe those which might cause data loss have been solved or identified.
Here are the most important issues to be aware of:
- Axe-Fx II Firmware version 10 or newer is required.
- Only the AXE-FX Source is fully supported. When using PRESET FOLDER source, pressing SAVE will save to your Axe-Fx instead of your computer; When using BANK FILE source, pressing SAVE will save to your Axe-Fx instead of your computer. The latter problem is thought to exist under Windows only. For all versions, SAVE AS:Export to Preset File does not work for BANK or PRESET FOLDER sources. No file is created on the disk.
- Creating backup banks from within Axe-Edit may be unreliable, though some testers reported no problems. Note: Backup capability will be added to Fractal-Bot by the end of April 2013. Meanwhile, for 100% reliability, use MIDI-OX or Snoize, or use the onboard BACKUP utilities located on the PRESET page of the Axe-Fx UTILITY menu.
- An issue makes this beta slower and less smooth than previous versions. Working too quickly can cause stability problems. Many of these can be solved by selecting another block in the grid, then returning to the one you were working on. Watching the MIDI I/O indicators can help you avoid problems.
- Some testers had problems with constant crashing. These were solved by restoring a clean system backup to their Axe-Fx. Note that this overwrites all user cabs in your hardware. This file can be downloaded from http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/10.0/FW10-SYSTEM-CLEAN.syx
- Hue/Sat/Bright/Contrast sliders in GUI prefs are disabled.
- After COPY X to Y, values on screen may be incorrect. Manually change X/Y switches to refresh
- Axe-Edit Total Sync is problematic. It is recommended that this be left disabled (under Settings/MIDI)
- Axe-Manage may have undocumented bugs. Be sure to have backups of any data that you handle using this application.
- Working with MODIFIERS can sometimes cause crashing.
- Other issues are detailed in release notes (note that release notes may refer to version 2.0, a status which this beta did not attain.)
Axe-Edit 1.9 for Axe-Fx II Version Firmware 10 only
- Beta 1.9 for OS XApr 5, 2013 - Version 1.9 (.dmg in a .zip archive)
Requires OS X Version 10.7.4
Requires Axe-Fx II firmware 10
- Beta 1.9 for WindowsApr 5, 2013 - Version 1.0 (.exe file in a zip archive)
Requires Windows XP or newer.
Requires Axe-Fx II Firmware 10.
Legacy Versions for Axe-Fx II Firmware 7.x or earlier
Axe-Fx II Firmware versions 8.x and 9.x are not compatible with Axe -Edit.
These legacy versions are unsupported.
Legacy Versions for Axe-Fx Ultra or Standard
These legacy versions of Axe-Edit are unsupported.
- Mac and Windows versions
- Supports the Axe-Fx II, Ultra, and Standard.
- Create or edit sounds right on your Axe-Fx.
- Edit every sound parameter, including modifiers.
- Open, audition, and bank and preset files.
- Import and Export files to share with others.
- Copy and Paste effect blocks between presets
- Save frequently used effect block settings and grab them from the "library" with just a few clicks
- Save snapshots (undo points) while you edit.
- On-screen tuner and tempo.
- Built in firmware update utility.
- On screen modifier graphs and filter curves.
- Organize, rearrange, backup, and manage files.
- Re-order the presets on your Axe-Fx.
- Send User Cab IR files to your Axe-Fx.
- Drag and drop to move, copy or swap presets.
- Search by name, amps/cabs/effects used, and more.
- Make 1-click backups of Axe-Fx banks
- COMING SOON! Axe-Change, a free preset sharing service where you can upload, download, search, and share your banks, presets, and more.
- Built in soft-merge allows you to use Axe-Edit at the same time as your MFC-101